Provided by Rich for the reunion in 2007
I now live in Parrish, Florida, with my wife Judith. I work for the City of Sarasota, as a contract business analyst. I spent many years as a purchasing agent, retiring from Franklin County in 2005.
Judith works out of our home as a lumber broker. I have six children, a stepson, and nine grandchildren.
I spend my free time weight training, working on power boats, and playing piano.
I have many fond memories of Grandview
- Robert Louis Stevenson playground and Jim Shough's "Snake Gang" (of which I am proud to have been a key member)
- The Goodale railroad yard, quarries, and Grandview woods
- My paper route -- 151 dailys and 212 Sundays. $20.00/week and always had money
- Swimming team practice at 7:00AM in Grandview pool's ice cold well water
- Marching Band practice and trips. What great fun and enjoyment.
- Track swimming and football practice and competition
- My idol and mentor David "Thorpe" Yoerger, who was without a doubt the best all-around athlete ever to attend Grandview High School
- Dancing at the Rook House
- Parties at Susie Williams' house
But specifically relating to the class of '57:- Eating lunch with Ozzie at his dad's drug store -- 2 hot dogs with relish and Ozzie would go behind the counter and make our milk shakes, filled to the top of the mixing tin; All-American Ozzie playing basketball.
After high school I attended OSU for three years where I managed to clear 14 ft in pole vault competition.